November 11, 2013

Lighter Chicken Avocado Salad Sandwich


I have a total confession to share with you....  I have an addiction to sandwiches!  It's bad too! I could seriously live on sandwiches morning, noon and night with all of the different bread, meat and cheese combinations.  You can make hot sandwiches, you can make cold sandwiches and in my own mind the options go on and on.

This is seriously the worst kind of addiction for me to have because bread (and pasta) put weight on me faster than anything else out there! It's really not funny to tell you the truth.  Every time I eat a sandwich I gain a pound, no joke.  So I have to be very careful about when and how I make my sandwiches now that I've been maintaining my 50 lb weight loss.  I can't completely cut them out because I don't believe in living that strict of a diet, but I do believe in being careful about what you put into your body and being aware enough to know who it affects your physical health.


So in this "Lighter Chicken Avocado Salad Sandwich" recipe I decided to add a few extras as healthier fillers and removed some of the bad stuff for me and you know what.... it was delicious!  And I didn't feel like I was missing out at all!  It was great!

Lighter Chicken Avocado Salad Sandwich Ingredients
* this recipe will make about 3 sandwiches *
2 cups shredded or cubed cooked chicken breast
1 medium avocado, cubed into bite sized pieces
1 celery stalk, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon light mayo
1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
Healthy Bread of your choice:  I used 100% Whole Wheat Oroweat Sandwich Thins 
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 handful of fresh spinach per sandwich
2 slices of tomato per sandwich

Directions
Super easy... add your chicken, avocado, celery stalk, light mayo, plain greek yogurt and stir together. Taste before adding your salt & pepper so you know how much you need (try to use as little salt as possible).

Spoon the chicken avocado onto your bread, top with spinach & tomato then serve and enjoy!

The nice thing about this recipe is that you get your healthy fats from the avocado and you add the celery as a filler so you don't use as much chicken & avocado!

Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy today:




xoxo, Shauna 


Check out my Health Coach Page --> HERE for more info about how the program works!  REMEMBER.... my services are FREE & INCLUDED if you chose to do this program!

My mission is to help people in their weight loss journey as a Health Coach (my services are completely FREE and included when you do the program)!  The prices are very reasonable (about what you probably already spend on groceries + eating out every month)!  

I lost a total of 50 pounds and I'd LOVE to tell you more about how the program works! You can contact me via email at ready2loseweight@gmail.com (my personal email) and please include your contact number and the best time to reach you during the day/evening.  I get tons of junk emails that really appear to be from real people but are actually from computer programs and such, so I prefer a phone conversation now to know that I'm speaking with a real live human being!  

No commitments or hassle... just a short conversation and I'll answer any questions that you have!  
I look forward to talking with you! 

Are we friends on Facebook yet?  Send me a friend request here: https://www.facebook.com/shauna.smart.96

Get all of our recipes and news directly to your inbox a couple times each week! 


We respect your email privacy
Powered by AWeber Autoresponder

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    We've recently launched the site www.everyrecipe.co.nz where users search through recipes from all the major New Zealand recipe sites and blogs.

    We noticed that you have a tasty recipe on your blog and would like to suggest you have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here www.everyrecipe.co.nz/top-food-blogs

    If you want to add your food blog to the list and have your recipes indexed on Everyrecipe.co.nz all you have to do is follow the instructions here www.everyrecipe.co.nz/add-your-food-blog

    Our project is one of the biggest in the world, and it’s already live in 37 countries, including countries in Europe, Asia, Middle-East, New Zealand, Australia, South America and South Africa. We deliver thousands of visitors to food blogs daily. Some of the top food blogs receive at least 10,000 visitors from us on a weekly basis.

    Service is totally free. No money involved

    This is something you can do to make your blog more visible and be exposed to a lot of people around the world; this can help your blog page to get more visitors and increase traffic.

    Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

    If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at

    info@everyrecipe.co.nz

    Warm regards,

    ReplyDelete