April 9, 2013

Healthy Hamburger Wraps


You know what.... I have a love/hate relationship with hamburger.  I love them but I hate how unhealthy they are.  I love them but I hate when I get the hard "bad" pieces.  I love them but I hate when I get served one that is under-cooked.  Yuck!

Do you know what I mean? 

I've been working on the foods that I've been eating and trying my hardest to be healthier and guess what... I've been able to reduce my cholesterol from 234 all the way down to 155 in the past year.  Let me just take a minute to imagine that you're clapping your hands, or patting me on the back, or telling me good job Shauna! 

So, let me ask you... have you ever been to In-N-Out Burger?  They have them here in Utah and they actually do have very tasty hamburgers.  I only like to go about once every 3-4 months though and I now order my burger Protein Style so it cuts out the bun and it's served wrapped in lettuce instead.  

That was my inspiration for this Healthy Hamburger Wrap recipe.  Just like In-N-Out but better!  I've discovered Morning Star Farms Grillers Original Patties and I LOVE them!!!  They have such a great flavor, no cholesterol, no bad yuckie pieces (yay!), and they are so easy to cook!  I've literally died and gone to hamburger heaven :) 

And the best part... my hubby who is VERY picky about his hamburgers has actually given his stamp of approval and said he likes them.  Gasp!  That was the shocker of the year.  He's totally a hamburger and fries kind of guy and he said that these Morning Star Farms Grillers were tasty :)  

Healthy Hamburger Wrap Ingredients
Follow on Bloglovin

3-4 Romaine Lettuce Pieces, washed & patted dry
1 slice of Kraft American Cheese
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 tablespoon Smart Balance Light Butter w/flaxseed oil
1 tablespoon light mayo
1/2 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon yellow mustard

Directions
Cook your Morning Star Farms Grillers Original Patty per package instructions... or .... you can microwave it for 30 seconds since it is kept frozen and then put it on a indoor grill.  I used my small George Foreman Grill and cooked it for about 4-5 minutes.  

Meanwhile, add your butter and onion to a small saute pan and cook until onions are very soft and translucent.  

Assemble your wrap by placing your lettuce on a plate.  Cut your Grillers Patty in half and place on lettuce lengthwise.  Cut your cheese slice in half and put on the Grillers Patty.  Top with your sauted onion.  

In a small bowl combine your mayo, ketchup & mustard.  Stir well and then add to the top of your wrap.  Cover with the remaining Romain Lettuce.  


Other recipes that you might enjoy:

Here's a super yummy Tofu & Broccoli scramble that 
I shared on my other blog The Best Blog Recipes

Here's a link to a Chipotle Black Bean Salad that 
I shared on my other blog The Best Blog Recipes

Here's a link to a
that I shared on my other blog The Best Blog Recipes











No comments:

Post a Comment