March 10, 2013

Spicy Mushroom & Tomato Tilapia



Oh my goodness... my lunch today was so delicious!

I knew I wanted to have Tilapia but I didn't know how to season it.  I had a ton of fresh mushrooms & cherry tomatoes and I just stood there looking at my ingredients until it finally hit me.

Does that happen to any of you?  You're hungry, you know what you want to use but you don't know the exact way you want to put it together?  My husband is always coming in the kitchen to ask me what I'm doing and usually I'm just standing there in deep thought, lol!

Well, today my friends it paid off.  This dish was out of this world!

Spicy Mushroom & Tomato Tilapia Ingredients
2 Tilapia Loins (cooked weight should total 7oz)
1 cup fresh spinach (30 grams)
1/2 cup portabella mushrooms (43 grams), chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (74.5 grams), chopped
1 tablespoon Smart Ballance Light Butter w/Flaxseed Oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/16 - 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (depending on how spicy  you want it)

Directions
Cook your Tilapia loins on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray per package directions.  

Meanwhile, add your chopped mushroom & tomatoes (make sure to dump in any liquid that is on the plate after chopping your tomatoes) to a small saute pan lightly coated with cooking spray and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.  

Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in your salt, ground red pepper & smart ballance light butter.  Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.  Make sure not to overcook or mixture will dry out.  

Place your spinach on a plate and top with Tilapia loins.  Spoon your spicy mushroom & tomato mixture over the top of the Tilapia.  

Serve immediately and enjoy! 

Lean & Green Meal:  1 healthy fat, 3 servings vegetables, 1 condiments, 7oz lean meat 
(You'll need to add 1 additional Healthy Fat to you're day since this only equals 1 in this meal)

I'd love to PAY IT FORWARD!  If you are interested in learning more about how I lost weight please don't hesitate to use the Contact Me Form to send your information with the best time to call you.  I've found that a phone conversation is the best way to answer your questions since this program is tailored to your specific needs (medications, goals, work schedule, etc).  

Thanks for visiting! 

Shauna 



8 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and healthy to top it all! Thank you for sharing this great recipe at the ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious. You are one busy lady! I didn't know you had another blog, I just found this one. It is very inspiring. CONGRATULATIONS on your success.
    We would like to invite you to share this at our party that goes live tonight: thebusybhive.blogspot.com
    Hope to see you there!
    Thanks,
    The Busy Bee's
    Myrna and Joye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myrna and Joye! I'll head over to your party in the morning and link up for sure :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I am so glad to see a light fresh option! I am still dealing with sugar overload from the holidays! Thanks for sharing on Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! This look so good! Thanks for sharing - Pinning now :)

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete